BSW News Blasts >
Feb 15, 2023
A resident reported mail theft in the Creek Trail area recently. This has been an ongoing problem for many years. Here are a few tips to avoid mail and package theft:
1. Install a locking mailbox, or get a post office box.
2. Bring your mail in every day as soon as possible. Don't leave it in your mailbox over night, where it's an easy target for thieves under cover of darkness.
3. Don't put checks in the mailbox to be picked up—take them to a mailbox or post office.
4. Sign up for USPS Informed Delivery. If nothing else, this prevents a thief from signing up in your name!
5. Schedule deliveries with the shipping company.
6. Add delivery instructions to keep packages off the front porch.
7. Watch for deliveries and package thieves with a video doorbell.
8. Pick an alternate delivery location.
9. Opt for pickup at a local store.
10. Report stolen mail to the post office and, if it involves a check or something with monetary value, the police.
Note: You might also get this message via Google Groups, which is the service we're transitioning to due to delivery problems with Yahoo Mail. If you start getting the messages twice, unsubscribe from the listerver emails, not Google Groups. Eventually, News Blasts will come only from Google Groups.
© Braun Station West
Community Improvement Association
8630 Tezel Rd
San Antonio TX 78254
|hosted by Web Ahoy