How to Join the News Blasts Group
We use Google Groups to send our News Blast emails. You do not need a GMail account to join, although this is the easiest way. However, you will need to connect your existing email account to a Google account. The steps below explain how to join the group whether you have a GMail account or use a different email provider.
I. Do you have a GMail account? If "Yes," follow the next 4 steps; if "No," go to II.
1. Yes: sign in to that GMail account
3. Click on "Join Group"
4. Choose options and then "Join Group" again. That's it—you're now automatically approved as a member of the group.
II. No: Create a new GMail account
1. Go to https://accounts.google.com and click "Create account"
2. Click "For my personal use"
3. If you're OK with creating a new GMail account, following the remaining prompts. If you'd rather using your existing, non-GMail address, follow these steps:
a. Click "Use my current email address instead"
b. Enter your First and Last name, current email address, and a password and click the Next button
c. Follow the rest of the prompts
5. Click on "Join Group"
6. Choose options and then "Join Group" again. That's it—you're now automatically approved as a member of the group.
How to Unsubscribe from the News Blasts Group
Every News Blast email contains an unsubscribe link—just click the link to unsubscribe from all future emails and leave the group.
If you're not receiving the News Blast emails, you can leave the group as follows:
2. Click "My membership settings," which is usually on the lefthand side
3. Click the "Leave group" button at the top
You can always resubscribe to the group at a later time.